Sunday 16 March 2014

Squishy Balloons

Ok so I admit it, I've no idea what to call these, but aren't they cute? They are just balloons filled with flour and then Izzy has drawn faces on them. So so simple but pretty cool too.


Bay was excited about them, even the older two got into them when we got out a basket to toss them into. I think I have probably gotten them most use out of them all. I use them kind of like stress balls I guess, I just play with them all the time.

If you decide to give these a go with your little ones (for such a simple activity, they really are worth it), then you will probably end up wondering how I managed to fill them. 


I stretched the balloon's as you usually would and then because I don't have a funnel I got Logan to cut the end off a bottle for me and then I put the balloon on it. I filled it with as much flour as it would take - which isn't much at all - and then I used the end of a connector pen to push more in. Then all was left to do was to tie it up and hand it over to Izzy to decorate.


Simple projects sure are the best ones, especially when you have limited time but don't want to miss out on doing these things with your children.

I'll admit, when the kids were tossing them into the basket I was quite worried that they would pop and end up spreading flour everywhere but it turned out to be me who popped one last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment