Monday 10 March 2014

Icing Biscuits

This activity is always a hit, and not just with toddlers but with the older kids and mummies and daddies too! Logan is not one to get involved in our crafty activities, he tends to sit back and praise the kids handy work (he gets involved more in the physical activities) however even he joined in last time we decorated biscuits! 




There are a few reasons why I like this activity so much; 
  • It's quick to both set up and do - little ones usually have short attention spans and it can be rather frustrating to spend quite a while setting up an activity only to find that the kiddies are only interested in it for a few minutes,
  • It is pretty cheap - the biscuits are usually found for about $1-2 and icing sugar is about the same, and usually something people will have in the cupboard, just like sprinkles and food colouring,
  • And who could resist these cute treats? They taste so good!
I'm sure that most people have a go at this at some point in their lives however I find that I personally can be rather forgetful when it comes to different activities to do with the children and foods to feed them, I mean, this activity, like I said, is so quick to set up, it's cheap, and a quick wipe of the table and sweep of the floor and it's cleaned up, but we've only done it maybe 2 or 3 times as I forget about it all the time! For this reason, I have decided that I'm going to put even the simplest of activities here on my blog both so that I don't forget them, and so that you guys can be reminded of them too.



After decorating all the left over biscuits (there were more than pictured), we decorated a few sponge cupcakes to enjoy while the icing on the cookies set. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment